Things to consider when hiring a tree company
There are several things to take into consideration when deciding which tree company to hire. We will outline several things here to help guide you through this process.
- Verify your tree care provider is properly insured and always request a certificate of insurance. A properly insured company will gladly provide you with this information. Any company who balks at this request is usually always uninsured or underinsured.
- Verify credentials by checking the organization’s website. Anyone claiming to be a certified arborist should be able to provide you with a certification number. Someone who can’t is not properly certified.
- Investigate how much verifiable experience your tree service’s staff has and what steps the company has taken to ensure that their employees will be safe, courteous and conscientious on the job.
- Ask if the company has a safety training program in place to help their employees minimize the risk of personal injury or damage to customer’s property and homes on the job.
- Never hire a company who requests an upfront payment before work has begun. Scrupulous contractors will be less inclined to perform satisfactory work knowing that they have already been paid.
- Ask friends and neighbors who they recommend. Many times your network can help you find the right people for the job.
- Request references from the company for clients who they have already performed work for.